Terms & Conditions
- ‘Kate Fordy Designs’ is Kate Fordy trading as Kate Fordy Designs.
- ‘The Client’ is the party making a booking for design related services from Kate Fordy Designs.
- ‘An Order’ is the request for services from Kate Fordy Designs.
- ‘The project’ is a term used to describe service from Kate Fordy Designs.
The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Kate Fordy Designs. By placing an order with Kate Fordy Designs, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms & conditions.
• All quotes are valid for 7 days only.
• All prices are in GBP.
• Any additional work outside the terms of the quote will be charged at an hourly rate of £60 per/hour.
• Kate Fordy Designs is not responsible for increases in materials by third party services (eg printers, packaging suppliers, web developers) where the increases are beyond our control.
• A 50% non-refundable booking deposit is required before starting any design project.
• All overseas clients are required to pay 100% upfront regardless of the project price.
• Payments are to be made by bank deposit transfer or via Stripe.
• Paypal is also a payment option however there is a 3% fee for this.
• All invoice terms are 5 business days from the date of the invoice.
• Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of £25. In the case of web hosting, if payment is not received within 7 days of invoice the website will be suspended until payment made.
• Accounts which remain outstanding for 14 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 5% of the projects costs for each week payment is outstanding.
• Final artwork files or website will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
• All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
• All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
• Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, that have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. Invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
• If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the debt collectors).
• The Client may cancel this Agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Kate Fordy Designs, any deposit paid prior to cancellation will be non-refundable.
• Kate Fordy Designs may cancel this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to The Client. In the event that Kate Fordy Designs cancels this Agreement, Kate Fordy Designs will provide any design work completed and paid for to date.
• Kate Fordy Designs cannot guarantee the outcome of design services and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
• The Client acknowledges that Kate Fordy Designs cannot guarantee any results for design as outcomes are based on subjective factors that cannot be controlled by Kate Fordy Designs.
• Kate Fordy Designs is an online business therefore the majority of our communication is made via email, via the Kate Fordy Designs Portal, or via the Kate Fordy Designs content collection software. This helps Kate keep track of specific design requirements & any changes required.
• If you would like to chat on the phone or via Zoom/Skype Kate is happy to do so, however Kate asks that you please email and make an appointment for a time to chat.
• The Client assumes full copywrite and reproduction rights upon full payment of a completed project.
• Kate Fordy Designs retains personal rights to use completed projects and concept artwork/design work for the purpose of marketing Kate Fordy Designs.
• All images displayed on the Kate Fordy Designs website or social media pages are subject to copywrite, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Kate Fordy Designs and the Client. Any breach of copywrite will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
• The Client allows Kate Fordy Designs to display any projects on the Kate Fordy Designs website/social media pages/ and portfolio for self promotion purposes.
• The Client agrees to allow Kate Fordy Designs to credit design work on all websites designed by Kate Fordy Designs.
• Kate Fordy Designs will make every effort to meet deadlines. All quoted turnaround times are approximate. Kate Fordy Designs will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late artwork or printing deliveries.
• Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
• Whilst all care is taken by Kate Fordy Designs, Kate Fordy Designs is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Kate Fordy Designs, it is the Client’s responsibility to proof read and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
• Some designs may contain stock images that are available for purchase.
• Any images supplied by the Client must be provided in high resolution and preferably in CMYK. Kate Fordy Designs is not responsible for colour variations in conversion from RGB to process CMYK.
• Kate Fordy Designs is not responsible for the reproduction quality of supplied images.
• Kate Fordy Designs is not responsible for the license of any images supplied by The Client. It is assumed by Kate Fordy Designs that The Client has the necessary license to use any images sent to Kate Fordy Designs for use in projects where not sourced by Kate Fordy Designs.
COLOUR MATCHING & PRINTING
• Whilst all care is taken, Kate Fordy Designs does not take responsibility for Client supplied artwork that does not print properly.
• Please note that colour on projects can vary from screen to final product. Screen proofing is not indicative of final printed piece. Printed colours can vary from printer to printer, job to job, run to run, or even front to back, due to the nature of the CMYK printing process.
• Trimming can vary from printer to printer.